INFORMATION ON OCDNJ AND HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
Here are some ways that you can get involved with OCDNJ.
FOR PROFESSIONALS, CONSUMERS AND THEIR FAMILIES:
- Like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/OCDNewJersey)
- Follow us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/ocdnewjersey)
- Tell your friends, family members, and other mental health professionals about us- word of mouth is one our best advertisements!
- Join the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) (www.ocfoundation.org). The OCDNJ gets some money from National each year to help keep us going. The amount of financial assistance we receive from them is dependent on the number of NJ residents that belong to IOCDF.
- Write articles for our newsletter- you may write from a professional, consumer, or family member perspective. Book, movie, or TV reviews, personal experiences, poems, letters to the editor, or informative clinical material, reviews of our meetings and conferences, are all welcome.
- Advertise in our newsletter- we have a professional directory of business cards in each electronic newsletter and online.
- Come to our quarterly meetings, held the second Monday in March, June, September and December. Check the website for the most recent location.
- Buy our DVDs – available for purchase in another link on this site.
- Start a self-help or a professionally run support group. OCD NJ can help with announcing the group, and for self-help groups, to guide you through the process.
- Donate money- contributions are always helpful!
- Volunteer your time to help with fundraising or organizing our quarterly meetings. Or help at our Annual Conference. Those who want to volunteer their time are always welcome. We could use the help!
- Newsletter articles- Note that when you write for us, your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address/website will appear at the end of the article. This is an effective and cost-free way for you to let people know who you are, and your interest in this disorder.
- Speak at one of our quarterly meetings. OCD NJ asks that if you volunteer that you are very well-versed in the treatment of OCD. We like to schedule our speakers many months in advance. Your presentation would be announced and then reviewed and included in our electronic newsletter and on our website.
- Advertise in our electronic newsletter and on our website.
THERE ARE ALWAYS NEW AND DIFFERENT WAYS THAT YOU CAN HELP. IF YOU HAVE ANY OF YOUR OWN IDEAS, LET US KNOW!!!